A Terrible Player Application

(Genuinely can’t see the option to make coloured text, so I will italize my answers instead for clarity.)

1. Do you know anyone in BOS that may remember you?Please post their names.

Unfortunately no

1. Is there anyone in BOS that may be willing to vouch for you?

Not in BOS, but Sapporo Jones can and will vouch for me, he forwarded me to you all in the first place and we mod the Eve Echoes subreddit together. (I cleared this with him in advance.)

2. If you don’t know anyone, how did you hear about Black Omega?

I asked Sapporo if I wanted to rejoin EvE afresh if there was space in Test/TAPI and he said and I quote " I’m a big fan of test though I may be a bit biased. dreddit is recruiting and is in better shape than it’s ever been. black omega security is also a pretty solid corp. definitely join test alliance it is in my professional opinion the best alliance". And well, I already mod /r/echoes, run the reddit corp in echoes and basically live on the /r/eve reddit so I thought it’d be nice to have a non reddit related corp for once :slight_smile:

3. Tell us about your time in Eve (alliances, corps etc).

*I’ve played eve since about 2009 on and off, back in far days of yonder I joined when I was like, 14, and instantly became enamoured with the game. A year or two of playing on my own I found my cousin also played and we went to live in a little wormhole together, it was a fantastic time, living in a POS bubble, getting anchoring high enough to get the skill needed to pilot the POS guns was great fun, that was until an old alliance of the time that I can’t even remember decided we were the target for the day, months of work down the drain in a huge one sided battle, most people would probably quit, I however found myself fascinated even further, realizing that the best ship is friendship, but it’s better to have 200 meh friends ready to fleet up than having 1 great friend who may or may not be online some times.
    As such I set on joining my first “Proper” corp, not having the best success, but eventually finding myself in Karmafleet for a couple of months. It sucked tbh so I kept looking, eventually SOMEHOW finding myself in Alcoholocaust/SUAD in 2016. SUAD was fun, most the people there were delightfully fun to be around, although unfortunately I decided I wanted to twitch stream Eve for a bit, spending a week whelping a carrier a day to pandemic horde, leadership didn’t mind, Sapporo didn’t mind, but jesus christ did some of the members mind, so, after a thorough shitting on I decided to part ways joining SnigWaffe, which honestly was very fun and informative an experience. Unfortunately though I drunkenly gated a carrier one time, and was subsequentially AWOX’d and told to fuck off. Fair in retrospect tbh.
    Finally dissillusioned with the whole “Top tier alliance” I joined BRAVE Newbies, who were incredibly great fun and a enjoyable little group, but I decided I shortly after that that I wanted to try run my own corp, starting “Philosopher Kings” which ran succesfully for about 4-5 months before I decided it was time for my first proper EVE break.

Now, upon coming back from my break, I found myself unable to rejoin BRAVE, Suad was not where I wanted to be, Karmafleet’s Toni Delanchor was a cuck and the unceremonious kick out of snigwaffe meant I was even blacklisted from Horde. Well fuck, I thought.
I rolled my first proper alt, “Girl Named Steve”, roleplayed as a newbie and took it as a fresh start, rejoining BRAVE and doing what I could to help out. The same problems as last time (Irrelevancy, boredom) I encountered and I made a friend from Northern Syndicate in a guy called Shelby, after we decided to gate jump a bait orca through lowsec to null, being caught out by none other than BjornBee. We Dropped a titan on him, Kormack. It was great fun, he recorded a video of it, I’ll link it below. Somehow after this I ended up leaving NS when Shelby did, deciding to do my own thing and flodundering for a whilst until somehow managing to wing my way into Wildly Innapropriate.

I loved WI, great fun, good people, I stayed there for about a year, before running my own corp to help newbies “We like ducks.” We helped a lot of newbies, set up a huge sotiyo in hisec, spent a few months bringing people into the game and doing well, then had our pretty sandcastle kicked down by 16 remote repping leshak’s and Domi’s in one of my funnest few weeks of fighting in the game. My corp was in shambles, my newbies had the skills to go to better places and I encouraged them to do so, taking myself into skilling into supers and moving into Amok. After a couple of months in Amok. it was christmas, I was busy in real life and forgot to send my secret santa a gift, a huge nono in the goon community, literally considered goonfucking I was booted out, they let me keep my super at least though, in the spirit of christmas and all.

Finally feeling ready to put up my eve towel and head of into the ever inviting lands of elite dangerous I felt shitty about the game to say the least. Occasionally popping on a new character to recapture that “Newbie feeling”, with moderate success, I eventually called it quits when eve echoes was announced, I landed a mod spot for the subreddit, and made friends with the developers.

It’s been about a yearish since then, and whilst i’ve still had the occasional quick buy of a ship to go whelp, I wouldn’t really consider what I’ve been doing the past year to be “Playing EvE” so to speak. Yet alas, stockholm syndrome is real and dreams of Aura’s old voice, gf’s in local and 1 v 1’s at sun have brought me back again. Hopefully this time for good.

1. Tell us a bit about yourself as a person.

I like talking, I like helping, I like being part of something bigger than myself, I dislike boredom, having nothing to do, and nobody to do it with. I’m a computer science masters student in IRL so most my time is spent digging through academic papers, coding, neural net research and an absolute obsession with online worlds (All kinds), and a super obsession with space. Naturally you can see why eve appeals to me.

2. What is your main TZ? What hours do you usually play in?

UK, but I have the sleeping habits of a new born baby so . . . I’m generally awake during American hours.

1. List all of your characters below including;

|A Terrible Player |7.5 mil | New Main | [https://zkillboard.com/character/2117451806/]|
    | — | — | — | — |*

1. Do you have any capitals? If so, what and which character.

No, As I extracted my skills and sold my bits to fund stupid excursions like spending a supers worth of isk to get the 1st edencom BS, getting a Sotiyo blown up and endless “Maybe this time I’ll find a 1 v 1 in my pvp bait orca.”.

However, I am willing to inject if need be, but I’d ask to at least wait until the end of January, cause it aint cheap to do so :frowning:

1. Do you have any Supercapitals/Titans?

No

2. What type of gameplay do you enjoy the most?

Hectic, group led, hit and run gameplay. I am expecially interested in filaments, which I havn’t had the opportunity to use much, and stealing from ESS’s which sounds delightfully fun.

3. Do you have any FC experience?

Yes, I ran a few fleets in “We Like Ducks” and in “Philosopher kings” but outside that no, I am however experienced enough in game to be knowing enough and willing enough to do this.

1. How do you make ISK ingame?

Plex

2. SCENARIO 1: You log in and not much is happening…what do you do?

Ask what people are up to, if they would like to do anything, see if I have some isk to throw about into some throwaway ships for a fleet and then take people out for a roam. That or see if I can finally get that ship spin counter to 1000.

3. SCENARIO 2: Someone calls you a faggit in comms…what do you do?

Tell them to fite me irl or 1 v 1 me at sun brah.

4. Can you provide your favorite solo PVP fit and explain how you would fly it?

[Hecate, A Terrible Player’s Hecate]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer,Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Expanded Probe Launcher I,Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
Light Neutron Blaster II,Void S

Small Transverse Bulkhead II
```

I enjoy hecates, hull tanking with them is fun, they’re quick and nimble, put out nice dps for its ship size and of course, has them juicy juicy combat probes. Scan enemy, warp close, orbit fast and hard, try stay under their guns if they have them, kill their drones first if they’re a drone boat and then pray to RNGesus that I don’t get shot back hard enough to go pop.

1. Are there any corp/alliance services you could provide?Examples being; scouting, wormhole mapping, running cynos etc?

I’m experienced and happy enough to provide any of those services apart from mapping, which is not really my ish, but I’d happily run a cyno, do some scouting, run some fleets etc etc.

2. Have you had any previous mains?What happened to them? (Ideally with forum selling posts, etc)

Yes, Girl Named Steve and Iscalar, explained in the above post what happened with them so I hope that suffices.

1. Hel or Wyvern?

Hel for Performance, Wyvern for Style (Wyv was my idea of my “Perfect end game ship” when I joined eve, man do i miss the days of slowcats, shield supremacy and everybody and their mother using heavy missiles.)