Agustus palpius Application

1. Do you know anyone in BOS that may remember you? Please post their names.

Nope

1. Is there anyone in BOS that may be willing to vouch for you?

Naliao Vee (but I understand he’s too new to corp to vouch)
Sapporo Jones is happy to vouch for me but also isn’t in corp so… no one in corp.

1. If you don’t know anyone, how did you hear about Black Omega?

I have known about Black Omega for a while. Used to catch (and be pushed off) Suas ratting carriers pretty frequently back in the day. I am looking to return to TEST and wanted a corp that had both old guard, high SP folks, and a smaller corp culture. Sapporo and Naliao both said I should check out (and would like) Black Omega.

1. Tell us about your time in Eve (alliances, corps etc).

Wall of text inbound

Started off in Test in 2012. Was there through cleaning up [.-A-.] in the south and the eventual disbanding of HBC and the Fountain War. Was extremely active in Test Recon during that time, lighting cynos for AUTZ nerds when our defense of Fountain consisted of “time everything for AUTZ”. I had been a member of Cloaksquad (Wrik Hoover’s sig before Dys0n was started) when we were doing our best to piss off CFC in the north and carrying out dope bombing runs like this in the South.

With the loss of Fountain Hoover scooped a lot of us up into Dys0n and we went to BL. In BL I had fun farming N3 when goons paid us to take their side in that war in 2013. Was at b-r5rb - had fun winning. Was useful and helped run cynos/scout wormholes/whatever else Elo needed throughout my time in BL. Did some small gang fcing for corp.

When Dys0n was getting ready to join PL I rejoined TEST. Lived through all the Hero Coalition bullshit with brave trying to wear the pants. I was Test Mildir at this point and one of the few people the very toxic BNI folks trusted (because I had been in “a real alliance” and I was “a PL spy”). It was a weird time. I was also running Coalition level fleets for TEST. There was a point where Nailao Vee and I were the only two people fcing in test. It burnt me out (so did the leadership drama).

Helped start the TEST corp [DIX] (before they were insane Reddit posters) who wound up leaving test. Left them (wasn’t ready to leave test yet) and helped out [Phoebe Freeport Republic] when they were brand new, then joined PL. Did the PL thing for 2015 and then went inactive and gave my mains SP away… whoops. I have tried to come back a few times but have been playing pretty consistently in [United Federation of Conifers] (up in the north) since April.

1. Tell us a bit about yourself as a person.

I’m 24 and from Vermont. Grew up skiing and playing hockey. Have moved around the US quite a bit. Feel free to ask more questions on comms sometime!

1. What is your main TZ? What hours do you usually play in?

USTZ - East Coast 22:00-04:00ish

1. List all of your characters below including;

• How many SP (to the nearest million)
    • What their role is and links to their killboard
    Character Name SP Role KB Link
    Agustus palpius 29,000,000 PVP Main zkillboard.com/Agustus palpius
    squiggly12 96,000,000 PVP High SP (Caps) zkillboard.com/squiggly12
    Melencio Aurgnet 16,000,000 Random Low SP Alt zkillboard.com/Melencio Aurgnet
    Notyouraveragecyno 7,000,000 Cyno/Hunter Alt zkillboard.com/Notyouraverage
    Ivy Arneth 7,000,000 Cyno/Explo Alt zkillboard.com/Ivy Arneth
    Fc Pls 3,500,000 Explo Alt zkillboard.com/FC Pls
    Brobean Mangus 3,000,000 Cyno/Explo Alt N/A
    chitlick nozzledock 1,500,000 Market Alt zkillboard.com/chitlick nozzledock
  2. Do you have any capitals? If so, what and which character. If no, why not?

Yes, have a Nag, Nid, and Apostle (stuck in Horde space). Can fly and buy what’s needed.

1. Do you have any Supercapitals/Titans? If yes, what and which character.

No, but could put Squiggly12 in one with some time to train heavy fighters

1. What type of gameplay do you enjoy the most?

I enjoy pretty much all PvP. I love filament fleets and have been doing a bunch of those since coming back. I enjoy large fights too, but usually only if I am doing something to be helpful (dual boxing a dictor / doing recon / etc)

1. Do you have any FC experience?

Yep, I have fc’d pretty much everything except titans. I would definitely run corp fleets and roams/filaments if I joined. Not sure I want to commit to running huge fleet fights ever again but did a lot of that in TEST back in the day.

1. How do you make ISK ingame?

I buy plex and have been living off old isk from when I used to play. I have recently (more out of boredom) tried ratting again - it sucks. Have also been moon mining because holy shit it makes way more money than I thought and if it’s there why not. Isk won’t be an issue for my playstyle. (I miss having personal R64’s though :frowning: )

1. SCENARIO 1: You log in and not much is happening…what do you do?

If I am feeling anti-social get in a cynabal and lose it filamenting somewhere or join home def fleets and try and lock down some kills in a dictor. If I want to play with others ping a filament fleet and go shoot shit. I have been flying hecates a lot and love them.

1. SCENARIO 2: Someone calls you a faggit in comms…what do you do?

I ask them why they believe in using GAMER WORDS and then move on. Eve language was way meaner like 8 years ago - I’m not stressing out over it.

1. Can you provide your favorite solo PVP fit and explain how you would fly it?

[Hecate, Agustus palpius’s Hecate]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Warp Scrambler II

Expanded Probe Launcher I, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S

Small Transverse Bulkhead I

This Hecate is a total beast. Has the ability to lockdown anything it lands on and melt it fast. I usually run void, orbit close, and overheat the rep in sharpshooter mode then switch to defensive if taking too much damage when running the rep. Seriously easy to fly. This will win aginst most cruisers and can easily frag bigger if you have a few friends in them too. It can also probe down annoying frigs.

1. Are there any corp/alliance services you could provide?Examples being; scouting, wormhole mapping, running cynos etc?

Happy to help with whatever is needed. Can definitely Scout / FC / WH Map / Cyno

1. Have you had any previous mains?What happened to them? (Ideally with forum selling posts, etc)

Nope. I have always been me

1. Hel or Wyvern?

Hel. I used to fly an Aeon back in the day and have decided tank is for cowards. Wyvern is prettier but can’t go wrong with a speedy Hel in 2020

1 Like